When blogging first appeared on the scene, the platform was primarily used by individuals sharing their personal experiences, thoughts, and feelings. A blog was basically an online journal, one that anyone could read…if they could find it.
Today, blogging is often much more than a personal diary. In fact, blogging has become a key strategy for driving traffic to savvy business websites. When leveraged properly, a business blog is an influential tool with the potential to substantially improve inbound marketing efforts.
HubSpot surveyed current business owners’ and marketers’ approach to inbound marketing for their State of Inbound 2018 report. Inbound marketing is, in essence, a strategy to attract customers through organic means–like blogging or social media. Interestingly, a staggering 55% of survey respondents said that blogging/content creation is a top priority, only surpassed by Growing SEO/organic presence at 61%. In reality, these two categories go hand-in-hand.
If you’ve been on the fence about adding a blog to your website, read on. Here are the top 7 reasons every business should blog regularly:
- Blogging boosts your ranking in search engines. Every time you add pages of content to your website—including blog entries—search engines index the pages. This makes it easier for potential customers to find you, and improves organic website traffic.
- Blogging improves your website’s SEO. Naturally, successful SEO blog entries must be designed and crafted with the right keywords and phrases, in the right density. But in addition, blogs must address a topic of interest to potential customers, and without plagiarism or grammatical errors.
- Blogging supports your brand’s identity. In the online world, your brand extends beyond your logo. Your brand’s identity—how your customers view you—comes from everything on your website, your social media messages, and your advertising. Therefore, in order to strengthen your company’s connection with existing and potential customers, a strong blog should consistently retain your brand’s tone.
- Blogging builds your authority. To establish your company as an industry expert, a great blog shares important industry-related information, breaking news that is relevant to your customers, and insights that resonate with your clientele.
- Blogging facilitates better relationships with customers. People like doing business with personable, human organizations; you can connect with them through shared interests or passions. Consider devoting a section of your blog to showcasing your community involvement as a business, or outstanding employee accomplishments.
- Blogging furnishes you with high-quality content to share on social media platforms. Sharing each published blog through social media channels increases your visibility and gives your customers a way to engage with you. Blog posts can also be used for digital newsletters, reports to partners and investors, and more. They truly are a great multi-tasker!
- Blogging can improve conversion rates. Online customers may have a hard time knowing your business is still in business; that is, unless you have a regularly updated blog! An active, well-written blog with interesting posts shows that your business is alive and thriving. And high-quality content builds brand loyalty, thereby increasing your conversion rates.
The following statistics are staggering:
- Companies that invest in blogging are 13 times more likely to enjoy a positive ROI on their marketing budget.
- B2B marketers that blog regularly generate 67% more leads than B2B markers that don’t.
- Websites with more than 50 web pages generate 48% more traffic than businesses with fewer pages.
- Websites with active blogs have more than 4 times the number of web pages than websites without them.
- Websites with active blogs have almost double the number of backlinks than websites without them.
For over a decade, Push Marketing has been writing high-quality, original and engaging blogs for our customers. Blogging has always been a top priority for us, because driving organic traffic, building authority, supporting brand identity, increasing visibility, and facilitating relationships with clients are all key to a successful marketing program.
We start by determining the optimal number of weekly blog posts in order to boost search engine rankings, and devise a guiding editorial calendar. For individual posts, we hand-select engaging topics of interest to your audience. Then, through keyword research, we select targeted keywords that naturally fit. We add graphics or photos to boost SEO ratings, and only employ top-rate US-based writers to provide you with first-rate blog posts.
If you’d like to learn what blogging can do for your business, request a consultation by clicking here.
 Neal Lappe, The Forensics of B2B Selling